In a circular dated 27th June 2022, The National Council on Establishments (NCE) stated their approval of the upgrade in the entry Grade Level for Nursing Officers into the Nigerian Public Service from SGL 09 to SGL 10
According to the circular, this decision was made at the NCE’s 43rd meeting held from 24th to 28th January, 2022 at Abuja, FCT.
The upgraded grade level for Nursing Officers cadre are for Nurses who have completed:
- A five years undergraduate studies for the award of B.ScNursing;
- One year Post Graduation Internship;
- One year National youth Service Scheme; and
- Registered and licensed to practice nursing by the Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria.
NCE structured the Nursing Officer cadre as follows:
- Post Salary Senior Nursing Officer/Senior Nursing Tutor Grade Level 10
- Principal Nursing Officer/Principal Nursing Tutor Grade Level 12
- Assistant Chief Nursing Officer/Assistant Chief Nursing Tutor Grade Level 13
- Chief Nursing Officer/Chief Nursing Tutor Grade Level 14
- Assistant Director (Nursing) Grade Level 15
- Deputy Director (Nursing)/Director (States) Grade Level 16
- Director (Nursing) Grade Level 17
They stated that this will take effect from 28th January, 2022 and all concerned offices should comply.
This upgrade is long over-due and is highly appreciated by the Nursing community in Nigeria.
Congratulations to Nurses and the Nursing Profession.