Distinguished leaders and Guests, Professional Colleagues, Ladies and gentlemen.
Today, I stand before you in joy and utmost happiness to give my stewardship report and handover leadership of this great association to Nr. Eze Chinaza and his team to continue in the pilot of the affairs of this noble organization.
Looking back from the start of this journey, it was one of the most challenging and difficult tasks I have ever ventured into.
I could remember asking myself a few days after my inauguration if I am actually the current and first female president of our dear association.
It finally dawned on me that I am and I was determined to make the best use of it to the betterment of our profession for prosperity.
I had a great team as executives who were dedicated and ever ready to serve.
In all honesty,I deeply appreciate the unquantifiable roles played by executives, senators, central committees and sub committees, chapter presidents and other proactive members of the association
In unionism, we were able to achieve the following;
- Increase the level of advocacy and synergise with government establishment to promote mutually beneficial relationships.
- Organize three webinars including: breaking the barriers to mental health care among student nurses to commensurate with the World Mental Health Day; Nursing Students in a Changing Society. Medical Experts from various aspects of the profession were available to speak about their specialty; and NUNSA National Webinar organised by the senate arm of the association, which lasted for 3 days and featured lots of speakers and various events.
- We created the Biodata platform which enables us have details of every members of the association.
- We organised an empowerment program themed: THE POLYVALENT NURSE, were about 1200 members of the association were taught high in demand skills such as graphics, phone animation, mini importation, copy writing, content creation and cryptocurrency trading.
- We organised academic classes which was anchored by the Director of welfare Nr. Stephen Morgan, in preparation for Nursing council professional examinations in which 99% of our members passed the exams.
- We partnered with Nurses Lecture Room to organize academic classes for our members.
- We partnered with Future Nurses and Leadership program to give scholarship to 6members of our association.
- We participated in ANNSI events, Programs and competitions.
- We organised essay competitions.
- We organised a competition in commensuration of World Health Day and Nr. Fauziya Nasir of Ahmadu Bello University won the price of $50.
- We upgraded the Association Website and social media handles, our followers also increased to about 50%.
- Twelve (12) new institutions were oriented and welcomed to the Association officially.
- A tech scholarship was organised and funded by the Vice President.
- Through the assistance of our Alumni Association,we were able to registered for the first time NUNSA with the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC).
- Sensitisation and awareness were created on various diseases.
- We visited Several Organizations and Companies to build cordial relationships to promote nursing practices in Nigeria.
- Launch of the first WCEA app for Nigeria Student nurses.
18. Our media team headed by the our ever proactive PRO 2 managed all our social media handles, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube Channel and WhatsApp groups for different communities to ensure all presentations are readily accessible and available online. They also worked tirelessly in the publicity of programs, flyers design and synchronization of platforms were all done.
19. We shared Job opportunities with members and Alumni
20. We equally represented NUNSA in other programs held by organizations and govt ministries.
In the course of my administration, together with other medical National president we organised the first ever joint health webinar which was targeted at promoting team spirit among health professionals. The webinar was themed: patient Centered care: The multidisciplinary approach of health care practitioners.
All these landmark achievements wouldn’t have been possible without the collective efforts of a wonderful team as my executive members.
In all, I am grateful to God for the enabling grace to achieve all this during the year of my leadership.
To our various leaders in the Nursing profession, NMCN leaders, NANNM National Executives, FHI and State leaders, UGONSA National Executives and various regional leaders, I appreciate your support to the association over the years.
To my hardworking and dedicated executives, thank you for your corporation and sacrifices made, indeed, through this Organization,we have contributed in the journey of building a better society.
Special thanks to our Guest Speakers and Special Guests,our Special Anchor,to various groups and organisations who are here today,God bless you all richly.
Lastly and very importantly, my Head of Department, you are ever appreciated Ma
Nr. Khadija Motunrayo Musa
26th NUNSA National President