Day 3 (three): Identifying Symptoms Of Cervical Cancer.
Cervical Cancer is a potentially preventable disease if women are well informed on the early signs of the disease. However, the early stage of Cervical Cancer is usually asymptomatic until the late stages.
WARNING SIGNS of Cervical Cancer recognizable by few women include:
1. Itching or burning sensations in the vagina
2. Low back or abdominal pain
3. Unexplained fatigue
4. Frequent or urgent urination
5. Abdominal bloating.
Advanced Symptoms of Cervical Cancer include:
1. Unusual bleeding such as in between periods, after sex or after menopause
2. Pelvic pain
3. Swelling/oedema of the legs
4. Haematuria ( blood in the urine)
5. Difficult urination/ difficult bowel movement.
From: NUNSA Standing Committee of Media, Information & Communication.
Comr. Khadija Motunrayo Musa
NUNSA National President
Comr. Attahiru Adamu
Comr. Salako Omolabake